What is Paramount Park PTA?
1. What is PTA?
PTA stands for Parent Teacher Association. PTA is a volunteer association where parents, educators, and other citizens can be active in their schools and communities.
2. What does it mean "to join PTA"?
We ask parents for a $8.00 membership price. From this amount, $7.45 goes to the District and National PTA, so Paramount Park Middle School only keeps about $0.55. This is why the PTA relies mostly on fundraising to help support the school.
3. How do we know that PTA money is really being used for our children?
Any parent is welcome to participate in any PTA event. Our records are not confidential, and we would be glad to explain PTA money distribution to anyone.
4. Can anyone volunteer and help at school?
Yes. We welcome anyone who can assist us!
5. Do PTA members get paid when working at the schools?
No. PTA members volunteer their time, and we welcome anyone who is willing to assist them. Our parents work very hard to fundraise for special programs at Paramount Park Middle School.
Support Paramount Park's PTA by becoming a member. Here are the simple steps for joining.
1. Pick up a PTA membership form from the office.
2. Submit the PTA membership form along with your membership dues of $6 to the school office.
3. Then a membership letter will be sent to you to acknowledge your membership.